[Glastonbury] question

peter cole peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Wed Nov 23 17:55:30 GMT 2005

We are looking at expanding our set up at work with another 8 Unix
stations These stations have a specific image loaded on the hard drive
so we dont want to install any other software as when an update comes
the drives are wiped an a new image is installed.

2 problems email and office suite.

i could use netscape for email but the home directories are held off
site. As a nis server is used for authentication
So i was thinking about a webbed based email system run off our linux
server like php groupware e groupware etc. At present we are using
exchange.

Any body got any ideas on the office side of things ?
may be a remote x session but don't really want them to have to log out
of there existing session to do this.
These system are CAD station running Catia

so open to ideas. By the way hardware and software for each seat is in
the region of 35K Shame it does not run on Linux !!

Regards

Peter