[Glastonbury] Mandrake 10CE fonts - Vote of thanks

Alan Levett alansl at labyrinth.abelgratis.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 10:10:01 BST 2005

My grateful thanks to all who answered my request for help, via Martin, when I
crashed X on my Mandrake 10CE, and especially Alistair who took time out and
told me about Midnight Commander.
 	However, in the end, I had to resort to a complete Install, hvaing tried all
the ideas offered, and Mandrakes 'Rescue'; Update; and Install over existing
partitions.
	Most important, how did I crash X ?
	'Twas easy, really.  I wanted to load TTF American Unical (the 'Gothic'
script), and had copy for an early Windo$ that was in zip. It installed OK,
but on reboot, Heeeeellllpppppp!!!!
	What did I learn? Not a lot! 'tis the second time that I have done this - my
hdb on this machine has a crashed X, but thanks to Alistairs suggestion of
MC, maybe I can find the differences and repair.

Again, thanks

Alan Levett