[Glastonbury] A query - continued

info at wccl.co.uk info at wccl.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 15:52:10 BST 2005

Well, I've rebooted today of course and the digest in question still won't
translate in full to a reply mail, again it cuts off after half the messages!

> That's plain weird. I have never had this sort of behaviour from kmail.

Nor me that I recall, but bugs are there - or my version needs updating. Or it
needs downdating if the bugs are new? !!

> Mind you I don't receive any mail in digest form as it makes replying
> really difficult and messes up the threading of the replies. You normally
> have to select the text specifically to do a partial reply.

I prefer to receive the digests as some of those I receive are long and I can
see at the top how many messages are of interest and search for them. Most of
the time I'm not answering many of the mails - whether in this list or
others. Reply to digest can I think sometimes be quicker than setting up
separate mails. Depends how many topics to reply to really.

> Some lists make
> the reply-to: point to the OP rather than the list which is IMHO stupid as
> it fills the list archives with lots of questions and no answers, but
> that's not your problem here.

Very annoying.

Ros

Wells Computer Consultants Ltd
Management Information Software
  - Business Analysis and Database Software Development