[Glastonbury] Re: printer query

info at wccl.co.uk info at wccl.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 15:52:11 BST 2005

> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 16:45, Alistair Parsons wrote:
> > Do you definately need colour, only HP laserjets have really come down in
> > price

I should have responded to this yearlier. Yes, I do need colour, use it quite
a lot. So if a laserjet in my price range can't do it, I can't consider
these. Also, if the laserjet is bulky, it could be a problem as my space is
fairly restricted - that is to say I could fit it in but I'd rather not use
that extra space for it!

> From: Greg Browne <greg.browne at gmail.com>
>
> At current costs, how about a cheap laser, for high print runs in B & W
> plus a cheap ink jet for occasional colour. As Ian said, TCO is the issue
> not initial cost. I find the Samsung lasers very cheap to run. The
> cartridges are pricy but are easy to refill with toner, and seem to last
> for many refills. My ML-4500 installed with ease and has printed ream after
> ream over the last 3 or so years. Greg

Thanks, Greg, noted that. However, I do use colour for a lot more than
occasional. So I guess it has to be an inkjet.

Thanks very much to all for advice! I think it'll probably be an HP inkjet but
have to decide the model.

>>Alistair: practically all the buisness inkjets would have seperate colour
and
>black cartridges and possibly heads just depends on whether you want things
like 2 trays, duplex, speed etc

Sounds good.

Ros
Wells Computer Consultants