[Glastonbury] Word function and Open Office

Rick Fitzsimmons rickfitzsimmons at iname.com
Mon Sep 19 12:59:39 BST 2005

This is why I always transfer completed documents as PDFs. Sending out
documents in /any/ word-processor format is (in my opinion) an
invitation for the recipient to edit it. I'm always amazed at the way
documents are distributed in doc format. Apart from anything else, it's
so inefficient (partly due to all the meta-data).

Incidentally, in my experience OOo keeps the change data when importing
from Word. I assume the same applies when exporting too, but I've not
checked this.

Rick.