[Glastonbury] Word function and Open Office

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 15:08:40 BST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Rick Fitzsimmons wrote:

> This is why I always transfer completed documents as PDFs.

Likewise.

> Sending out
> documents in /any/ word-processor format is (in my opinion) an invitation for
> the recipient to edit it.

Couldn't agree more.

And it may be anti-social of me, but when people insist on sending me
documents in Word format despite polite requests not to do so, they
inevitably get them returned as plain ASCII.

*Particularly* idiotic government departments.  (Who seem to be very
slowly learning to implement their own guidelines.)

Anyone got any *firm* information on the stance of the legal profession
these days re. use of MSWord?  Time was, it was banned, IIRC.