[Glastonbury] Volunteers + Hardware

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 04:25:19 GMT 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Sean Miller wrote:

> On a slightly different subject, where has this [lugog] mailing list suddenly
> appeared from?  I now appear to be getting everything twice, once from the
> lug.org.uk server and once from Martin's avalonit server...
>
> Did we make the decision to migrate and I missed it?

No.  I made a unilateral decision to create a rapid standby list as a
result of the necessity of *fast* communication caused by the post-code
kerfuffle, where 4-hour delays were totally UNACCEPTABLE; informed the
list of it and why I had made it; and yes, you obviously missed it,
because I asked you to do something about it, and then heard nothing
further from you.
(So see archives.  It's at the bottom of a message -- you have to scroll
down to read it...)

> ... but I would like "reply to list" enabled on it please...

<sigh> Is this where I trot out my "learn to use your mail agent properly"
speech again?  :)
'Fraid we'll always differ on this one, Sean.

> it is
> what we agreed to have as standard behaviour and what we have had for years
> and are used to...

<aside> ...only those of us who think Yahoo! is the be-all and end-all of
mailing list technologies...

<aloud> Ahem ... If you'd read my mail, you could have the standby list on
the lugog.org.uk server by now and be running it yourself; then you could
impose whatever sort of reply-to convention you wished.  :)

It's been a tough week, Sean!

P.S.  To all posters -- if you want your posts to appear in the archives,
please cc to BOTH lists -- the temporary rapid standby list and the
dog-slow UKlinux one.
The archives of the list on avalonit.net are NOT permanent.
The UKlinux ones are.

Cheers,