[Glastonbury] query re email

info at wccl.co.uk info at wccl.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 14:55:08 GMT 2006

I'm using KMail.

Just recently, one of my business contacts is frequently telling me there is
no text in the body of my emails (this isn't missing every time I mail her,
it seems on and off and at least she sees who the mail is from). So far as I
recall it's usually if not always (I haven't kept a record) in response to an
initial message from her. But once in this loop, it seems even if I then do a
completely new message, that too will end up with her as blank. Yet other
times, no problem with messages whether I originate them or she does.

I'm not sure if this has happened with anyone else. Possibly once but I may
misremember. So it seems to be just one person and all other mails (I send
quite a lot) are fine.

I believe she is using Windows (sorry, I can't control her preference),
probably XP. I don't know anything about XP - we have win98 and win2000 here
and I don't use either much these days and we don't use the emailers in Win
at all, only Linux KMail, so I can't recall much about how OE & Outlook work.

I send all my messages in plain text only. Her mails to me always contain an
html component.

Here's a typical example - a message she sent me, I responded, and from her I
get back:

"..........Blank again, Ros, but I know you are unable to attend.  Thanks.

Gillie
  _____