[Glastonbury] KMail query

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 14:44:39 GMT 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:59:51AM +0000, Martin Wheeler wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Greg Browne wrote:
>
> > Mail seems to be
> >everyone's bug bear at the moment. Greg
>
> Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm still using pine.
>
> [Howls and screams of anger from Debian purists.]

Pine is fine but it's a yo-yo product - if it breaks, You're On Your
Own. University of Washington don't want to maintain it, patch it or
update it - and won't let anyone else do so.

Mutt is better maintained: there may also be better than mutt around.
[Having said that, I know what it's like to have "permanently programmed
fingers" for one or more applications].

> I've also recently discovered the joys of going back to a WordStar
> lookalike for editing BIG files [ > 6.5M lines ].

Joe caused crash dumps on AMD64 under Debian - removing one of the
add-in components caused it to behave. Other than that, nice
application.

> Who needs teeny-weeny unreadable icons, anyway?
> --
Ctrl-Alt-+ should cycle you through desktop resolutions. I defy even
the presbyopic not to read icons more easily at 320 x 200 :)

Andy