[Glastonbury] LUGOG site content management solution

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Jan 14 07:19:44 GMT 2006

I've been looking at content management solutions for the LUGOG site as
folks seem to dislike Mambo...

It occurs to me that we have two solutions...

a) We choose another package... to this effect I could install several
and folks could see which they prefer.
b) We write something bespoke.

With option (b) I would consider that it be done over a period of time,
where we could add extra bits in as we go along... the advantage,
however, would be that we end up with something that everybody is happy
with.  I believe that I could produce the core functionality fairly
quickly (within reason) if people tell me what it is that they want,
then we can enhance the site as people come up with ideas as to what
they think should go on there...

I quite like the idea of option (b) as it would be something that is
truly "ours" and we can make the interface very intuitive.  I could not
promise that it would be delivered tomorow, but can promise (for
instance) things such as:

- xhtml compliance
- no cross-browser issues
- ease of use

If people want option (b) can they please write to the list with what
they'd expect from a LUGOG site in terms of function.

Examples:

- forum?
- events?
- user sign-up (for forum)?
- editor privileges?

Could then prioritise and start working on something.

Alternatively, if folks would rather install an "off the shelf" content
management system I will upload several and we can have a vote on which
one we want to use.

Over to you, folks !