[Glastonbury] Frustratingly slow ML

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:09:38 GMT 2006

On 18/01/06, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
> > Lug.org.uk has been donated a new server by DNUK, which has been
> > upgraded (memory) by some of the members of Hampshire LUG. It has had
> > Linux installed and is ready to be co-located. The penultimate link in
> > the chain is driving the box to the facility in docklands. The final
> > link is to move services (web, mail etc) over from the existing box to
> > this nice new one.
> >

> So you, Alan, are a member of Hampshire LUG I suppose?

The definition of a "member" of HantsLUG is to be on their mailing
list. I'm also on your mailing list, and that of the LUGs of Brighton,
Bristol, Cumbria, Dorset, Goucs, Isle Of Wight etc.. Not sure if that
makes me a "member" of each. I am often a lurker in many, but do
contribute to quite a few. Most recently I've been fielding questions
about the lug box (for better or worse). Mainly because nobody else is
doing so. I'm not having a go at the people who run the lug.org.uk
services, but they're busy. I happen to have some time on my hands so
I'm helping out.

> We haven't had all the "introductions" we really should have done...
> perhaps now is the time?

My name is Alan Pope. I'm a SAP BASIS Consultant by day and Free
software advocate by night.

Dunno if there's anything else I can say that google can't find :)

Cheers,
Al.