[lugog] Re: [Glastonbury] meeting, January 24th 2006

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 23:16:27 GMT 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Andrew Walrond wrote:

> That reminds me; can we ask Steve Lazenby to obtain the bios passwords so that
> we can fix those machines that won't boot from CD?

Already DONE.

I went in this afternoon to make sure my network connection script is
working.  (It only took me a few minutes to finish it last night -- if it
hadn't been for all the other stuff to get through at the beginning of
last night's session, I might have been able to demo more stuff online.
As it was ... no peace for the dedicated ... )

> Also, due to slowness of booting ubuntu on those machines

Yes, that's a real PITA, isn't it?  Running from CD is really not on for
the long haul.  (I'm working on it.  Drip, drip, drip...)

> Perhaps the first
> man in can switch on and boot all the machines.

Hey -- last night I got there at 6:30 deliberately so's I'd have time to
get my network script working -- and there were already TWO people
waiting to get in!  [Hot as mustard, this lot.]

> Those two hours just wiz
> by...

Well ... when you're having fun ...

Oh, and whilst we're at it -- the flickering monitor screen on machine 4
is due to the fact that it's a touch-screen (3M MicroTouch touchware).
It works perfectly under XP.
Anyone got any clues on how to drive touch-screen monitors under Ubuntu?