[Glastonbury] Re: KMail query

info at wccl.co.uk info at wccl.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 17:41:05 GMT 2006

My Linux user son (but doesn't use KMail) came up with another possible
explanation:

> So far as I know, only one person of my acquaintance has this problem with
my
> mails and always it's when I respond to a mail of hers, not when I initiate
> new mail. And she says I'm the only person who sends her emails with the
text missing. She and I are completely mystified.

>>>Pass. Get her to drag the mouse pointer accross the mail to highlight the
textm could be showing as white text on white background. Most likely a
setting on her computer.

--------

Unfortunately I can't pursue this further with my contact. She's a business
friend, not a close personal friend, and she will I suspect get very annoyed
if I ask her to play around with Outlook settings seeing I am probably the
only person she is in contact with who's using Linux and the only person
whose mails to her turn up without text.  I could hardly blame her if she
said "It's probably a Linux problem, why don't you play around with your
KMail settings.....?"

It seems so long as I always initiate a new mail, she should be able to see
the text. Fortunately she isn't a client, so it isn't causing any serious
problems to either of us. Better to leave things as they are and anyway it's
wasting my business time too. But if any of you ever come up with a solution,
I'd like to hear it!

Ros