[members at lugog] Query please re a Linux problem

Ros Williams ros.williams at wccl.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 16:56:51 UTC 2010

Can anyone help please? I'm not a tecchie. Using Mandriva Linux

If I press pr screen key by accident several times, ie meaning to hit
backspace several times and catching pr scr which is next to backspace on my
keyboard, result is print screen dialog box opens over and over, and seems it
will go on indefinitely. Had this problem for years. Seems can only to get
out of it by logging off. Curious that this irritating repeating key is next
to a much-used key rather than well out of the way somewhere...

Is there any way to stop this infuriating repeating, please? Logging out loses
me any current work of mine not saved and the repeating pr.screen dialog box
will not allow me to do anything else. If I try to save, docs don't save.

I tried various control key combinations. Nothing stops the repeating so far,
but ctrl-esc will open SysGuard. Is there anything in SysGuard I could try to
close to stop the repeating, that is if the repeating problem will even allow
me to work in SysGuard.

Thanks for any help.

Ros W.