[members at lugog] January LUGOG Meeting

Dan Dart dandart at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 24 13:08:08 UTC 2010

I have emailed Rik a few times, and haven't heard a peep - whether
he's having Internet problems I guess we'll find out.
Maybe I or someone could phone him later today (01458 832393)
It should be fine though, if we can't get in the back room, we should
be able to talk for a decent while in the pub area, so I think it's
safe to announce.

So for anyone
There will be a meetup tomorrow (Monday) at 7:30PM-9:30PM at Tor
Leisure, Glastonbury. (It seemed that was the date and time most
people could turn up).

Hopefully there'll be a nice turnout!

We can probably use the VGA cable for the projector and show our laptop screens.
I might be able to bring in a Wiimote and my Bluetooth device so we
can use it for presentation, and I can show the group how I've been
able to make a Linux drumkit with it.
If there are enough infra-red sources available, it might be possible
to use it for a pointing device also.

The topic will probably be introducing people to the LUG if we do get
a nice turnout, and I have a few ISOs to share as well (we can always
download from Tor's wifi :D )

Cheers
Dan