[members at lugog] Introduction

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Nov 21 08:19:44 UTC 2010

On 20 November 2010 17:39, Jake Davies <jdavies.thfc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think Ubuntu will successfully implement Wayland+Unity? For those of
> you behind in Linux news, they're dropping X+GNOME in future releases!

Being a bit behind on this one, I Googled...

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/11/unity-to-embrace-wayland-display-server/

For those "more in the know" what would this mean to the non-techy
user?  Would they see much difference in terms of "user experience"
(barring "less flicker" or whatever) or is this just similar to the
various different sound drivers that exist or proFTP vs. ANO?