[members at lugog] Twitter/Facebook

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:41:54 UTC 2010

I think that, particularly for a group/organization rather than an
individual, using social media should be driven by whom the group
wants to reach and what message is intended to be communicated. For
Lugog, it's not clear to me what the conversation would be, especially
given that our mailing list is mostly moribund for much of the time.
In terms of audience, identi.ca would be a good place to reach other
Linux/FOSS advocates, but less effective in out-reach to non Linux
users. Twitter has a much broader audience. I'm not making a judgment
about that, incidentally, just observing ... both choices are
perfectly valid. Personally, I use use twitter regularly
(@ephemerian), as that's where most of the people that I want to reach
are - including the open data community.

Ian