[members at lugog] Introduction:

R Em krakenrise at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 11:53:02 UTC 2010

Well, I hesitate to put my foot in  being a total newbie to Linux and the list
but I've found Ubuntu to just work - so far- and that allowed me to bin all my
Windoze disks. I do have XP running on one machine but as my wife is using that
I am 'tolerating' it :-) Net connection was one of the the major issues for me
and Ubuntu just did it out of the box.

The preference for whichever distro will always spark debate. Good to see the
list come to life.

I do buy the LXF mag when it comes out and try to understand the 'geeky' stuff
as well as I can. I went into Waterstones in Bath recently but they wanted £46
for a book that was a few years out of date. I will look for Linux in a
nutshell.

Roy