[members at lugog] Fwd: Anyone providing local home visit help with Ubuntu?

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Mar 11 10:50:05 UTC 2013

Can anybody help this chap?

Sean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Barnes <peter at pjbarnes.co.uk>
Date: 11 March 2013 10:47
Subject: Anyone providing local home visit help with Ubuntu?
To: sean at seanmiller.net

Dear Mr Miller,
I found a Linux User Group web page which gives your email address in
relation to the Glastonbury LUG. I would be grateful if you could direct me
to any local people who make home visits to repair PCs and software and
have experience with Ubuntu Linux.

My wife and I are now retired and we each have a PC running Ubuntu - we
switched from Microsoft to Ubuntu when it first became available. Although
I'm not trained in IT we managed OK with Ubuntu and never needed any help.
However when I tried to upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04LTS to 12.04LTS recently
we encountered problems and cannot get one of the PCs to accept the new
version successfully. I've asked around the local `computer repair' people
but none of them are familiar with Linux.

Perhaps you could let me know if anyone might be able to help. We live in
Othery, just west of Langport.
Kind regards,

Peter Barnes

--