[members at lugog] computer / computing magazines

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at martinwheeler.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 14:03:55 UTC 2014

On 04/08/14 11:22, David Barker wrote:

>   Put them on Free cycle / Free mesa
> stuff always goes

Well, been there; done that; and not yet it hasn't :(

I've already skipped one car bootload of DTP stuff (just abut everything
you can think of, including some very esoteric mags) dating all the way
back to 1984, because no interest.

I'm now preparing another car bootload of purely Linux magazines, if
anyone's evern remotely interested.

It's a shame to bin them, because they're in excellent nick; and I know
from amateur radio experience that in 70 years' time people will be
bemoaning the fact that nothing was kept -- but these days everyone's
too busy playing with the latest smartphone app. to bother about
actually reading any long discursive text.

[I dread getting to when I have to unload my collection(s) of 5.25"
floppy disks, 3.5" disks, CDs and DVDs (several thousand) -- I have a
fairly complete collection of Debian releases on CD which it would be a
desperate shame to bin.  Not to mention a whole load of hard-drives no
loner needed....]
--
Martin Wheeler
mwheeler at martinwheeler.co.uk