[members at lugog] What do you do with old machines?

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 09:56:20 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I'm in Axbridge and have been given an old machine from my wife's work.

It had windows XP on it, which I wiped and put Ubuntu on. It was really
chugging with that, so I replaced it with MythBuntu (Xbuntu with MyhtTV,
which is what the rest of my network uses). That was better, but kept
crashing.

In the end, I've got hold of a between machine for the kids to use and
want to get rid of this one.

Any ideas? Or does it just need to go to the tip?

Cheers,
Damian

PS Sorry, I didn't have the foresight to get a list of specs from the
machine before I last turned it on. I now can't be bothered to wire it
back up to a monitor etc! :-)