[members at lugog] I'm back

Dan Dart lug at dandart.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 23:43:01 UTC 2016

> Cloudycloud etc.
> What do others think?

Yes, whichever desktop operating system one uses is becoming less relevant
as everything is on the web now.
This is what I hoped to accelerate with my Bibud project 5-8 years ago.
There's still a whole lot to move however, as people still play games that
haven't been ported to the web, but at least with the release of Steam OS
Linux has become a major player (in games, oh how punny).

>> LUG died, etc.
> Please re-invent.

As I'm living in Shepton and buses are crap, the most I could do for
Glastonbury at least is to ask Rik at Tor Leisure if he'd be willing to let
us have the room again on a monthly basis. I'd probably still need help to
get home if we keep to the weekday evening thing we had going.
If we do Saturday mornings/afternoons it's easier bus-wise, and work-wise
(although I'm now a self employed freelancer).

Alternatively I could find somewhere in Shepton that'd take us.

What does everybody/anybody think about this?

Ta