[Gllug] Seimens SL45

Chris Ball chris at cpan.org
Fri Aug 3 20:58:31 UTC 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 10:58:59AM +0100, Nathan Matthews wrote:
> I know this is a bit off topic but I was wondering if anybody had any
> experience with the Seimens SL45.  My 1 year contract is up and it seems
> silly to continue so i'm shopping around for a new phone.  Any personal
> recomendations or warnings are welcome =:)

Nope, sorry. But I did just upgrade my 7110 to a Sony J5 today after a
year and a half, for £30. It's very, very nice bar an inability to ring
and vibrate at the same time (the vibrate is a low frequency ring) and
the inclusion of Microsoft Mobile Explorer. :-) Still, lots of features;
speakerphone, pop3/smtp natively via $your_ISP (though the inbox is a web
page downloaded in the html viewer, and I shudder to think who owns the
server it comes from), a cute jog dial, and, um, stuff.

Hope that helps slightly. Maybe. :)

~C.

--
Chris Ball.