[Gllug] Network freeze.

Gabriel Rocha grocha at neutraldomain.org
Fri Aug 3 22:00:41 UTC 2001

,----[ On Fri, Aug 03, at 09:06PM, Gordon Joly wrote: ]--------------
| Email and FTP

Have you checked into attachement limits on your mail server? Though I
don't think so.

| >  Is there a firewall somewhere in between?
|
| No.

I am guessing this is over a dial-up, I was thinking tcp timeout, but I
dont see that over dial-up.

| >Does the file
| >transfer partway?
|
| Yes.

Same as above, was thinking tcp timeout if the size is consistent each
time. Also, your isp may be imposing this. Keep that in mind.

| >  Have you checked the output of tcpdump? Try and see
| >what happens... --Gabe
|
| Good point. I have also started to look the MTU setting in pppd.

Anything on tcpdump you wanna share ? I am curious about this one. :)

| Thanks!

No problem.

| Gordo

--gabe