[Gllug] galeon rocks

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 21:10:53 UTC 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Tom Gilbert stated:
> * Ian Norton (bredroll at dsh.org.uk) wrote:
>> I have never been so impressed with a linux web browser ever!
>>
>> i downloaded mozilla 9.2 and galeon-0.11.3-2 binary.
>>
>> (i first got 0.12pre1 but then realised i had the wrong mozilla)
>>
>> install was clean and it started up in rocket time! almost as if its making fun
>> of mozilla ;-)
>>
>> it has many very nice features, its a great web browser, does a great job of
>> 100% of html that i expected bother witH, (well dont mozilla guys) and it performs very well on a 266mhz
>> cyrix of all things!
>
> And tabbed browsing rocks :)

The smart and autobookmarks are really very nice, too.

The only problem is that presently it has to pull in most of Mozilla
because Mozilla's componentization is only half-finished, so it's nearly
as bloated RAM-wise as Mozilla.

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk