[Gllug] Skylarov segment on Newsnight

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 21:55:32 UTC 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Simon Bunker stipulated:
> The bigger sites you won't be able to http them down - Real has its own
> server for dishingout the big stuff - and it don't do http - otherwise why
> bother paying for the big expensive Real box when Apache can do it :o) http:
> streaming does work, but it's very dodgy....

So much the better. You have the kernel source; use tcpdump to determins
some unique features of the Real{Video|Audio} stream, hack the kernel to
detect that stream nad dump it off somewhere.

Voila, recorded.

You can do *anything* with the data that flows through your system; you
have the source!

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk