[Gllug] Whinge

Dan Kolb daniel.kolb at corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 08:08:38 UTC 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> > Know whether you're using an RPM-based distribution, a .DEB-based
> > distribution, or another one.
>
> And if you managed to install/purchase it without knowing, just
> precisely how stupid are you?  Leaving aside that with Gnome or KDE you
> can just right-click on the package, select install....

I was actually referring more to the types of users that need a 10-minute
training course on how to right-click. I'm sure that everyone on this list
knows what packaging system their distro of choice uses, but wait until
all the AOL lusers (as JCM so nicely puts it) start installing Linux.....
(no offence meant to any AOL users / staff on this list).

Dan
dan-- kolb at ox.compsoc.net

--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed; don't trust everything you read above--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk