[Gllug] LPI certification input apreciated

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Sat Aug 11 22:23:09 UTC 2001

On Thursday 09 August 2001 18:05, you wrote:
>  Hi,
>  I'm wondering about it, anybody can enlighten me ?
>  Input about books published in this country welcomed too.
>  Nice one yesterday at the Lonix meeting.
>  Cheers,
>                  Formi.

I have looked into it myself and the following basic info may be of help.

The certification at each of three levels requires you to sit 2 mostly
multiple choice exams of approx 70 questions each.  They cost US$100 each.

www.lpi.org is the website and there are links form there for examination
sites etc.  You can also mail info at lpi.org

O'Reilly do a good LPI certification book as do Coriolis (exam prep)

The subject matter in the exam is mostly sys admin stuff but requires a lot
of knowledge about bash related tools including some of the text
processing tools like sed and awk.  The O'Reilly book gives a good intro to
the syllabus.  As does the lpi website.

Cheers

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk