[Gllug] Which laptop?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Aug 30 14:27:35 UTC 2001

On Thursday, 30 Aug 2001, Jim Bailey wrote:
>sorry to break this absolutely riveting thread on whinging ;-) but we
>are thinking of getting a laptop dualboot between Debian and Windows
>does anyone have advice and pointers to suitable resources I know that
>this is probably one of those thing that should end up on the Gllug FAQ

I had some success at my previous job with HP Omnibook 21xx machines,
but they may have changed since; if not, I liked 'em.

>BTW I just discovered Ctl-a and Ctl-e on the command line my
>productivity has increased 10 fold , one day i hope to be worth the
>money they pay me. ;-)

Ctrl-R for reverse i-search is a godsend, too - and in general
learning readline functions, using 'em in all programs that are linked
with readline, and writing your own programs with readline is no bad idea.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk