[Gllug] Which laptop?

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Thu Aug 30 14:25:11 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:18:26PM +0000, Jim Bailey wrote:
> sorry to break this absolutely riveting thread on whinging ;-) but we
> are thinking of getting a laptop dualboot between Debian and Windows
> does anyone have advice and pointers to suitable resources I know that
> this is probably one of those thing that should end up on the Gllug FAQ

Close to this question, does anyone have any opinion about the Sony Vaio
PictureBook with the Transmeta chip?
http://emperorlinux.com/kiwi.html
I'm thinking useability, battery life, suspend/restore cycle
reliability/speed, that sort of thing ...

Is there a transmeta Linux in a distribution out there?

-jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk