[Gllug] The Roswell incident

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 13:06:55 UTC 2001

Just downloaded and installed the new Beta from redhat.

Linux 7.2 2.4.6-3.1 #1 Tue Jul 24 14:54:56 EDT 2001 i686 unknown

It has many new features and buttons such as using Grub instead of lilo
and ext3 instead of ext2 for defaults.

It speands a lot of time trying to convince you to run Nautilus.
 Nautilus was always very slow (this is on a PIII 600Mhz with 128MHz RAM)

Nautilus kills the box now :-)  Happily all dead.

I did an interesting install (obviously where I install everything that
looks interesting) and it took 1.8Gb - how's that for competing with w2k!

Unfortunately I must report that some of the bugs from 7.1 are still
present - it still does not like some adaptec controllers and refused to
install on a VA2250.

cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk