[Gllug] oses

Anthony.Leung at ubsw.com Anthony.Leung at ubsw.com
Thu Aug 30 11:47:12 UTC 2001

To further fuel the non-argument that is the war of the OSes, I'm
just wondering if there needs to be a response to windows XP from
linux for it to do anything more than remain the underdog. I've just
seen XP and if it's as stable as 2000, then it should do very well.
Okok, in terms of lower level functionality it sucks like a mofo, but
in terms of usability and presentation, XP is really really nice. I'm
in no way saying the whole thing is a good package: there are some
truly awful ideas, but shouldn't there be a move to provide a more
user-focused version of Linux that's a suitable reply?
Anthony

related financial instruments.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk