[Gllug] FAQ, list summary (was: KDE window size feedback)

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Thu Aug 30 11:34:00 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:24:04PM +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2001 10:54:59 +0100, Dean wrote:
> > What do we need in an FAQ? (Not a rhetoric question, send suggestions.)
> > Do we even need an FAQ?

> Well, why not. ;-)

Because writing it eats up pub time? ;)

> The other thing I thought about recently is a list summary. Does anyone
> think it would be worthwhile for a weekly summary of threads; issues
> raised and conclusions reached? I'd be happy to have a crack at this
> sometime, maybe just as a test run. Hum. Sound like a good idea at all?

Leon Brocard does one for London PM that is a good example, he seems to be
quite adept at avoiding the flame threads and covering the important stuff.
I'd say go for it but choose a nice clear subject line that will be easy
for the people who don't want it to procmail it out.

Also you do realise that you then have to read EVERY post don't you :)

	Dean (Not a list admin or in any way one of the organisers of GLLUG)
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk