[Gllug] Any polish individual around?

Dan Kolb daniel.kolb at corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 13:14:04 UTC 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Formi wrote:

>  I'm thinking about buying a polish domain name, and help or
>  advise would be appreciated.

www.nic.pl should be your first port of call.

At the top of the page are the boxes you enter your domain name in
(www.<textbox>.<dropdownbox>). (e.g. www.formi.pl). Click the button
marked 'sprawdz' (check). It'll come up with a list of domain names that
can or can't be registered. If it's in green and says 'jest wolna', it's
free for registering; if it's in red and says 'jest juz zarejestrowana',
it's been taken.

The bit of Polish underneath essentially says 'please choose the domain or
domains to register', then click the 'zarejestruj' button.

You then have to fill in one of those fun forms that they always ask you
to fill in. It'll also tell you that the domain (in .pl-space) will cost
700 zlotys + 22% VAT. You can find the exchange rate yourself. Usual rules
apply - starred fields must be filled in.

The section titled 'dane zamawijacega' means 'details of registrant'.
The fields are as follows:
imie i nazwisko: name & surname
nazwa firmy: Company name
ulica: Road
miasto: Town
kod pocztowy: Postcode
telefon: Phone no.
faks: Fax no.
regon/pesel: Region / county (I think)
e-mail: Email
panstwo: Country. This is in Polish, so you need to select 'Wielka
Brytania' for Britain.

The next section is 'dane dysponenta (wlasciciela)', which is the details
of the owner of the domain name. Click the checkbox if it's the same as
the registrant's details.

Section after that (dane platnika) is the details of the billing contact.
Again, check the box if it's the same the the registran'ts details.

Section after that (dane technika) is the details of the technical
contact. The drop-down box's options are:
obsluga przez NetNames Polska: Let NetNames deal with it
takie same jak dane zamawiajacego: Same as the registrant
inny: Someone else

The last section is 'adresy serwerow DNS', or DNS server details. It's in
English, so doesn't need to be translated.

When you've filled in everything, click 'zarejestruj'.

Grumpf. Unfortunately, I can't find anything else, because I don't know
what a 'NIP' is, or what they want for 'regon/pesel'.

Sorry,

Dan
dankolb at ox.compsoc.net

--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed; don't trust everything you read above--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk