[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

duncan D.C.Martin.2000 at Cranfield.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 13:50:35 UTC 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Jackson, Harry wrote:

> I hope this is correct at least it is for the OU.
>
> 1st class 85%+
> 2-1       70%+ up to 85%
> 2-2       55%+ up to 70%
> Pass      40%+ op to 55%

Do OU not give out 3rd class degrees then?  I thought it was 1st, 2:1,
2:2, 3rd and then pass.  (as someone with a 3rd I don't like being left
out:-)
I think with many Universities the percentages are not set in stone, but
dependant on the statistical perfomance within the exams.  Meaning that if
everyone in a particular course got between 70% and 90% only the top
people would get 1sts...  Not certain about this though
Cheers
Duncan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk