[Gllug] IP Masquerading

bredroll at irwin.dsh.org.uk bredroll at irwin.dsh.org.uk
Thu Aug 16 16:27:18 UTC 2001

its easy to set up, but dial on demand can cost you if you do not set up your
MTA (sendmail/masqmail/postfix) correctly.

ipmasq is good for less than 20 machines imho, just remember to compile in ful
nat and socket filtering into your kernel aswell as masq :-)

oh, and remember to do the 'echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ip4v/ip_forward', after
making funky iptables rules and firewalling sets i always forget that bit

:-)

,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk