[Gllug] City based hardware

Kieran Barry kieran at esperi.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 18:16:41 UTC 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Jim Bailey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> once more tonight I come cap in hand, does anyone know of a outfit that
> is based Old Street/Hoxton end of the city for minor hardware such as
> ATA66 cables RJ45 connectors etc.  I know PC World is at Moorgate but I
> despise them for a number of reasons but mainly every time their staff
> speak they lie and I just don't want to give them business if I can
> possibly help it.
>
> Help me strike a blow for truth

There's a pc kit type shop on Old Street roundabout. Struck me as pretty
dodgy: I walked in looking at modems, and the sales droid didn't seem to
have heard of linux, then insisted that the pci modem would have no
problems with it. The prices weren't competitive, and the kit was pretty
grungy. You'd be very lucky to find RJ45 connectors there....

Regards

Kieran
--
How helpful was that? Not very, I suppose...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk