[Gllug] Off Topic ( WAS (How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)))

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Mon Aug 13 17:05:08 UTC 2001

* Jackson, Harry <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> spake thus:

The Russians had a ssn sub (the Alpha?) that where made of Titanium.
It could go really deep (due to the Titanium hull) and really really
really fast (NOT due to the Titianium hull, but rather an experimental
reactor). You could hear it from halvway around the world, but it really
didn't matter, because it outran all the torpedoes at the time.

> 	Now what a gadget that would be, you could have a titanium car,
> watch and no person could go without the titanium Blankety Blank cheque book
> and pen although you would need a Diamond tipped scriber for writing cheques
> they wouldn't so much bounce as ricochet (Twenty years time "That's the
> fourth cheque you have ricocheyed this month Mr Jackson. We will have to
> revoke your titanium account before someone gets killed).

Marvellous. I'll place an order for one of those checkbooks now :P

Regards, Stig

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk