[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 18:45:23 UTC 2001

Murray Peterson wrote:
> Hi All,
>

>>	The reason we do not have reliable cars with non rust bodies is
>>because the car manufacturer would not make money from selling spares etc.
>>Cars exist today but not in production that do not rust. There is also cars
>>that require a service every 100,000 miles. Does this kind of mentality ring
>>any bells.
>>

> Fair enough.  Although we have forgotten to consider market forces and the
> concept of fashion.  Vehicles that do not rust and can manage 100,000
> miles between services may exist - and commercially viable too, but can
> you honestly tell me that you would want to buy a 1979 Audi? (or a 1999
> Audi in 2021?)

I've just bought a car made in 1979, out of choice, not budget and yes I
would buy  another one.

Its a fair point though, but most modern cars require very little
servicing in reality, since it really just involves easily wearable
parts such as brake pads, tires and oil every 6000 miles or so, That
would equate to a  service every 4 months with the amount of miles i do,
  not many computers can stand 4 months without *any* servicing wether
it be cleaning /tmp or reinstalling lookout.

/David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk