[Gllug] Kernnel 2.4.7

Gabriel Rocha grocha at neutraldomain.org
Fri Aug 3 10:32:39 UTC 2001

,----[ On Fri, Aug 03, at 10:19AM, t.clarke wrote: ]--------------
| Unfortunately ipchains functionality appears to have disappeared completely
| from the kernel, and I can find no prompt for it within configmenu.

Unless I am on some serious hallucinogens, as of 2.4.0 ipchains was
poof, gone bye bye, not there. It was replaced by iptables, which is
supported by all 2.4.x kernels. Perhaps RH was doing some porting of
ipchains, I don't use RH, so I dont know, but iptables is what you want.
It's ok, iptables is a lot better than ipchains anyway. Good luck.
--Gabe

--
"It's not brave, if you're not scared."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk