[Gllug] vmware

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Tue Aug 28 13:23:55 UTC 2001

[Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:50:24PM +0100] Richard Cohen whispered thus:
 > > Got it, and 2 & 3 ROMs. Much fun, but the native PC version was quite
 > > fluffy. And came with Rainbow Islands (mind you, there's ROMs for that too).
 > Assuming you're talking about a 'first generation' Bubble Bobble for the PC,
 > and not a more recent 're-release', I'd be pretty suprised if you couldn't
 > find it on an abandonware site somewhere, and run it under DOSemu.

It was a reworking, yes. IIRC, Bubble Bobble was a 1986 game, and hence a PC
edition would most likely either be CGA or EGA.

 > Probably more work than it's worth, though :-)

I'm a fully fledged member of the "pointless" club ;)
"Why did you do that?" "Why not?"

 > > I payed money for a UnixWare 7.00 media kit and never installed it. I still
 > > to this day have absolutely no idea why I bothered buying it in the first
 > > place ;)
 > I think I'm now allowed to say that you wasted your money :-)

I /did/ intend to use it. I think. Hmmm. Maybe.

I think I'd probably play with it a lot more if it ran under vmware, but it
doesn't. Maybe those nice people at plex86 will get it working?

--
<pgp> 0x8bb5c71e  "This Basil. This Basil's hand. This smack on the head."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk