[Gllug] [Fwd: Re: [LBC] Demon]

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Aug 20 06:05:47 UTC 2001

Hi,

I just got a mail saying ``Regrettably, we have been having ongoing
network problems since yesterday. We have engineers on site,
investigating the problem, and hope to have this resolved as soon as
possible.  I apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you.''

This makes me laugh - like it's normal to have no service for 12
hours... and anyway, I happen to know for a fact that there is a single
"engineer" who has just powercycled that box in an attempt to get it up
until Extreme can provide some suggestions for what to do. Demon have
switched to "seat of the pants" technology now...it only goes downhill
from this point on, maybe time to look elsewhere.

--jcm