[Gllug] Are i386 & i586 rpm's interchangeable?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 14:22:55 UTC 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, David Damerell uttered the following:
> If we had a BSD-style 'make world' this would all be irrelevant;

If we ever do get those I hope that a way to pass configure options to
individual packages is retained :)

> 'apt-get source' is getting there, but there's a way to go yet.

Agreed, a rather long way.

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk