[Gllug] Mozilla on Redhat 7.1

Bruce Richardson brichardson at lineone.net
Thu Aug 9 21:20:07 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 08:26:56PM +0100, Nix wrote:
> You must run `regchrome', `regxpcom' and `regExport' as the user who
> owns the /usr/lib/mozilla directory.
>
> Alternatively, chown it to be owned by someone other than root and run
> mozilla once, then chown it back.
>
> Both of these processes will create a file `component.reg' without which
> mozilla just keels over. Yes, this sucks and is utterly
> non-Unixlike. Has it been fixed? You must be joking.

Quite.  I couldn't believe it the first time I downloaded the mozilla
source and compiled it - and discovered that it simply wasn't
constructed with the expectation that it would squat in a single-user
sulk like some dumb windows app.  What are they on?

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"