[Gllug] Problem starting up

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Aug 9 22:48:56 UTC 2001

I've just been having fun and games setting up RH7.1

seems to work OK if it auto-detects your NIC's...

there diesn't seem to be a /etc/hostname

/etc/sysconfig/network
and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

seem to be the main places for setting hostname

/etc/hosts and /etc/resolve.conf are also important

hmm.. I've been ofline for a bit and am now trawling through my mail so I'm bound to find someone else has answered this better than I have ...

oh well ... hope it's usefull to someone (BTW don't go to see Tomb Raider -it's BAD)

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk