[Gllug] Home grown DSL

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Mon Aug 27 12:57:27 UTC 2001

Did anyone else see the Robert X Cringely article about DIY DSL links?
(http://www/pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010823.html)  I'm up for this.
I checked with BT and they rent out copper pairs at £33 per month, and £58
per month beyond your local exchange.  Add a pair of DSL modems ($300) at
either end, and that's 2Mbits full-duplex!  I'd rather spend a few
weekends laying fibre segments between one person and another than I would
pay BT extortionate inter-exchange rate, but, well, that's an option,
isn't it?  Those parts would do 100Mbits. (Whoor!)  Anyone else
interested?  Think how good those WAN skills would look on your CV :-)

-Bill.

--
W. Palfreman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk