[Gllug] perl querying SQL server 7

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 12:17:31 UTC 2001

> I see the light now!
> We've all heard of Red Flag Linux -
> what we need is Blue Rinse Linux.
> The Linux for Middle England!
>
> Now lets see - can anyone suggest what the Blue Rinse
> distribution should
> have?
> Obviously, we won't have any programs written in Europe, and can do
> away with all that pesky internationalisation, thus saving space.
> It will only work with UK-layout keyboards, so the X install will be
> much easier. Oh, and 'X-windows' will be downrated to '12-windows',
> as that is much less likely to cause offence.

It might run into problems with scripts not running as some of the
standard utils will need renaming: fsck, mount, grep, touch all lend
themselves too much to double-entendres.
(There's a regular slashdot poster with an amusing sig along similar
lines)

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk