[Gllug] vmware

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 28 12:36:31 UTC 2001

>I payed money for a UnixWare 7.00 media kit and never installed it. I still
>to this day have absolutely no idea why I bothered buying it in the first
>place ;)

Ditto for Free SCO OpenServer. Actually, I did *try* installing it,
but it barfed when it came to recognising my disks, despite claiming
to support the SCSI controller, and given that Linux already did
everything I needed, I never bothered to put much effort into getting
it working...

Can't say I was ever very fond of SCO anyway (perhaps biased by the
number of times I had to reinstall the fscking thing in the days when
the install media was a bucketload of 3.5" floppies), so it wasn't too
much of a loss :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk