[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Mon Aug 20 13:52:33 UTC 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Jackson, Harry wrote:

> [...]

I have worked from home on a couple of occasions - one of my collegues works
one day a week at home every week, and one works 3 or 4 days a week at home
most weeks.

I couldn't work from home if it weren't for my ADSL (company-provided ADSL
doesn't cut it for real work).  Running X programs in the US and having them
display on my machine at home (albeit a little slowly) is the kind of thing
I've needed to do, and running stuff on my desktop machine at work and
having it display at home is crucial for me to test my work.  Of the two
collegues mentioned above, the one who works at home a lot has a cable
modem, and the other survives (I don't know how!) with a 56K analogue modem.

> Harry

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk