[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Bruce Richardson brichardson at lineone.net
Mon Aug 20 16:00:14 UTC 2001

On 8/20/01, 2:38:15 PM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding RE: [Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London:

Goal-driven management is a foreign concept in this country.  The idea
that getting your staff to work properly is a management task - shock
horror!  Far better to just make sure they turn up, whether they do
something or not. What, you're trying to tell me that most people look to
their job for purpose and fulfillment and actually want to work?
Communist nonsense, we'll have to watch you, I can see.

Our management refuse to contemplate flexi-time.  Whenever the union
brings it up our head of Personnel says "We don't want to become a bunch
of clock-watchers".  Moron.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk